New Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman will kick off the team’s annual training camp on July 26 at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais. The Bears finally released the camp schedule today, just weeks before it begins. The 2013 season marks the 12th consecutive year the team has worked out at ONU.
The site, approximately 60 miles south of Chicago, will feature a variety of new activities for fans throughout the team’s three week stay. Admission and parking to RC Training Camp are free.
A few of the activities the Bears have planned include:
· a live-music concert on the following days: Saturday, July 27; Friday, August 2; Monday, August 5 and Sunday, August 11 at ONU. The family-friendly music is scheduled to be held immediately after practice on the camp grounds.
· Vamos Bears Dia traido a usted por Xfinity on Saturday, July 27 will feature a live radio remote from La Ley (107.9 FM), kids’ activities, giveaways and a live Latin-music themed concert following practice.
· Ladies Day on Wednesday, July 31 will feature arts and crafts, an on-site salon and spa services, summer hair styling and special giveaways.
· The Bears BBQ Bash will be held on Friday, August 2. Concessions will offer food and beverage for fans to purchase. Fans can receive autographs from Bears alumni and music will be provided by a live cover band.
· Armed Forces Day is Monday, August 5 and is dedicated to the men and women who have served and are currently serving our country. Special reserved bleacher seating will be available for those who dress in uniform. The Bears Concert Series will feature a cover band from the U.S. Navy. If anyone is interested in being part of Armed Forces Day, they are asked to contact the USO of Illinois for more information.
· Walgreens Youth Football Day is Wednesday, August 7 as youth football organizations and cheerleaders who attend camp and wear their team uniforms/jerseys can enter their information for a chance to win prizes, including Bears autographed memorabilia, Bears apparel and more.
· The eighth annual Run with Staley is scheduled for Sunday, August 11. The event is a one-mile run around campus for kids 14 years old and under led by the official mascot of the Chicago Bears, Staley Da Bear. A mini-dash for kids five years and under will be available before the one-mile run. Children who register and participate will receive prizes and Staley will perform his very own Bear Down on Bullies Show following the run.
· Comcast Bears Family Fest presented by Chase, a ticketed practice held at Soldier Field is scheduled for Saturday, August 3. The event will give fans the chance to watch a live practice at Soldier Field. Festivities outside the stadium begin at 3:00pm and will include live music, kids’ activities, radio station remotes, promotional booths, giveaways and Staley’s 10th Birthday party. Practice will begin at approximately 6:45 pm and conclude with a kids’ only autograph opportunity and spectacular firework show brought to you by Jewel-Osco. Tickets for the event will be available for purchase by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com.
· For further information on any of these events and training camp in general, please go to http://www.chicagobears.com/events/training-camp.html.
The training camp schedule is listed below:
ALL PRACTICE DATES AND TIMES ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. FANS AND MEDIA CAN GO TO CHICAGOBEARS.COM FOR UPDATES.
Day Date Practice Time (CT)
Friday July 26 9:00 am practice (NO PADS)
Saturday July 27 9:00 am practice (NO PADS)
Sunday July 28 9:00 am practice
Monday July 29 9:00 am practice
Tuesday July 30 OFF DAY
Wednesday July 31 9:00 am practice
Day Date Practice Time (CT)
Thursday August 1 9:00 am practice
Friday August 2 9:00 am practice
Saturday August 3 6:45 pm practice (Soldier Field)
Sunday August 4 OFF DAY
Monday August 5 3:15 pm practice
Tuesday August 6 9:00 am practice
Wednesday August 7 9:00 am practice
Thursday August 8 CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
Friday August 9 BEARS at PANTHERS
Saturday August 10 OFF DAY
Sunday August 11 3:15 pm practice
Monday August 12 9:00 am practice
Tuesday August 13 9:00 am practice
Wednesday August 14 BREAK CAMP / CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC